top of page
- 16 Nov 2020, 19:30 – 17 Nov 2020, 20:30Online EventThe Matchgirls Memorial is delighted to be invited by the Streatham Society to present the story of the Matchgirls Strike from the perspective of Sam Johnson's Great Grandmother, Sarah Chapman.
- Wed 11 Nov11WedNovSouthampton Radical History - The Matchgirls Strike Story11 Nov 2020, 19:00 – 21:00Online EventThe Matchgirls Memorial is delighted to be invited by Unite Community Southampton Area to talk about the 1888 Strike with a Southampton focus.
- Wed 04 Nov04WedNovWomen and Work: Past and Present04 Nov 2020, 18:00 – 19:30Online EventThe Matchgirls Memorial is delighted to be invited by Newington Green Meeting House to speak in this panel discussion. A wide range of topics will be discussed such as being a female artist in the arts industry and other historic issues such as the marriage bar and women’s inclusion.
- Thu 17 Sept17ThuSeptEast End History Club: The Matchgirls Strike of 188817 Sept 2020, 17:00 – 18:30Online EventWe were delighted to be invited by the Tower Hamlets Local History Library & Archives to speak about how Sam Johnson discovered the involvement of her Great Grandmother, Sarah Chapman, one of the workers at the factory and a resident of Stepney.
- Sun 21 Jun21SunJunA Celebration of Sarah Chapman's Life21 Jun 2020, 11:00 – 12:00Manor Park Cemetery & Crematorium, Sebert Rd, Forest Gate, London E7 0NP, UKThe lovely residents of Forest Gate organised a beautiful celebration of Sarah Chapman's life. Sam Johnson was invited to say a few words and then around 50 people laid single flowers on Sarah's grave. See more on our webpage https://www.matchgirls1888.org/sarah-a-celebration-of-her-life.
- Wed 04 Mar04WedMarTUC Women's Conference 202004 Mar 2020, 14:00 – 06 Mar 2020, 13:00Congress House, Congress House, 23-28 Great Russell St, Fitzrovia, London WC1B 3LW, UKIf you came along to the TUC Women's Conference, we hope you enjoyed visiting The Matchgirls Memorial stall and picked up one of our Matchgirls Awareness Ribbons.
bottom of page